Friday, October 9, 2015

A return...for a Tale! #ToMB3

I'm back, with some excellently motivated painting and playing to come!

I've joined up with some other Malifaux enthusiasts to take part in the Tale of Malifaux Bloggers 3, to document and share the creation, paint, and play of a crew!

The rules are simple:

Start a new (bar maybe a couple of games) master. At the end of each month write a blog with an update to painting and gaming-hopefully giving helpful feedback on the master you've chosen.


In the first month you can use up to $60 to start you off. Each following month you get up to $25. This money you can use to buy models, or you can use it as "virtual money". Virtual money can be used to "buy" models you already own (lets face it, most of us could stock a store already) for use in that months TOMB, or in vassal if that's how you play your game. What you "buy" each month you need to paint up (please vassal players, don't follow this step), and include pictures in your blog post. If you spend under the amount of that month, the left over can be pushed over to join the next month (or you can buy a coffee).


In short, buy or psuedo-buy models, assemble and paint them, play games, and report on them with pretty pictures and funny stories.  This is the kind of thing that drives my creativity and motivates the hell out of me.

For a crew, I'll be expanding my Neverborn with the last master I didn't own:  Lucius, the Governor General's Secretary.  I've purchased the Bound by Law box, all of which can be used in Neverborn with some assistance from the Surprisingly Loyal upgrade and dual-factioning.  This uses up $50 of the $60 initial funding, leaving me $10 remaining for further purchases, or to carry on to next month, which is the more likely option.


So far, I've assembled some of the models, and made bases for most of them.  My Neverborn are based on cobblestone-style bases, so that always adds a bit of time to every model, but I love the result.



I don't know that I'll paint/assemble the entire box, as I didn't intend to use Captain Dashel or the 2nd Guild Lawyer, but if I must, I'll do it...for the Tale!

Stay tuned, more to come!  Including actual pictures, not just place holders!

1 comment: